Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada

Ok the only way that this post is related to anything musical is the fact that it is music to all PROUD CANADIANS like myself :-). Here's the script and it could not have been written any better even if you were a writer from Hollywood:
It's the final day of the Olympics and my great country of Canada currently has 13 gold medals which ties the Olympic record for the most in one year. Last event of this year's Olympics is men's hockey with Team Canada vs Team USA for the gold medal. (I know I need not say more...lol) Canada is winning 2-1 with 25 seconds left in the game when the US ties it up (nobody in Canada has any nails left to chew on). So now the game goes to a 20 minute sudden death and if still tied after that to a shoot-out. In the overtime period Sidney Crosby takes a pass from Jarome Iginla and fires it between Ryan Miller's (US goalie) legs at the 7:40 mark sending the entire country of Canada into a frenzy as Canada wins its 14th gold medal to set a new Olympic record and also a best for our country of 26 Olympic medals overall. I hate to say it but step aside Paul Henderson, 38 years later Canada now has a new hockey hero.
"My name is Brian and I am CANADIAN"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment